Friday, June 27, 2014

Getting quilty

DSCF4983a

I’ve got a long and daunting list of things that need to get accomplished—those cherries aren’t going to pick themselves—but I’ve dawdled too long at Pinterest, and in Jane Brocket’s beautiful book, and in all your lovely blogs, and now I feel inspired.  The black and white quilt patiently awaits its (wool!) batting, so in the meantime I guess I’ll start another.  Okay, two.  How many is too many?  So much fabric, so few hands to sew it with all at once. 

DSCF4987a

I’m also flying without a harness and have cast on a new sweater without checking Ravelry first.  I know.  It’s so pretty, and if the pattern is a train wreck, I don’t want to know about it yet.  I’m just doing it, and I also haven’t done a gauge swatch.  (What???)  I refuse to learn from my own mistakes.  

In other, unrelated news, I can’t stop singing Peter Frampton songs.  Ever since my friend M&M and I plied the miles and saw him play last week, he has filled my head with this and this and this, and that’s how I remember him—here he is now, and if you want a treat, watch this one.  You’ll get that song stuck in your head, but you could do a lot worse.  My love of the 70’s is boundless.  

16 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like a great selection of fabrics for the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that fabric pile, I could jump right in the middle of it! There's nothing like the fun of starting a new quilt project, except maybe a Peter Frampton concert with your buds. I saw him in L.A. when I was a younger version of myself. I am glad to see he is still as awesome as ever, even without his curly locks :)
    And yes, a song is now stuck in my head.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy sewing! I look forward to seeing the quilts as they progress.... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. No gauge swatch?You rule breaker, you!lol I have loved Peter Frampton ever since his 'Camel' days and I heard him being interviewed on BBC Radio a few weeks ago. I'm happy to report that he sound like a thoroughly nice chap. You lucky duck getting to the Grand Ole Opry! The nearest I'll ever get is from watching 'Nashville' which is surprisingly thoroughly good with some real foot-stomping music. Happy sewing weekend to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't get all the way to the Opry, he was good enough to come (near) to my neighborhood here in New York. I just love that Opry performance with Ricky Skaggs so much--the mandolin, and all the guitars, and PF looks so happy. Swoon. The show I saw was almost as good. :)

      Delete
  5. thanks for the Peter Frampton! How pretty he was when he was young. I remember getting my FAB208 magazines and his face (and hair) was often on the cover. These are good songs to have stuck in your head.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When inspiration hits, you've just got to let it carry you! Keep it up! (And you probably should do those cherries, too) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your collection of fabrics!!! Happy quilting!!!
    Love
    AMarie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh...those fabrics are awesome and so sweet bundled up in twine....is there a reason for that? Should I be organizing my fabrics so I'll remember what project I bought them for and not use them for something else? LOL! Yes, break away and start new projects! It is such a happy thing to do....scratch that itch, I say!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They come all wrapped up like that, in color-matched yarn scraps, from my crafty thrift shop, isn't it lovely? I leave them like that until I'm ready to use them, because they look so cute in their little bundles. :)

      Delete
  9. How many is too many? No such thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Theres no such thing as too many projects! I like to think I have one for every mood I might be in!
    Frankie
    http://www.knitwits-owls.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've loved him since the Herd but we don't hear much from him in England now :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kristen, I have followed you blog for a few months now and always am happy to see when you have a new posting. I am inspired by your lovely creations, but mostly I come for your humour. Thanks for making me smile. I love all the little fabric bundles. Makes me want a few of my own but I have bags of jeans I have started cutting into squares to quilt and I am trying very hard to follow my own rule of not buying more stuff until I complete what I've started. We will see how long the will power lasts:))) My crochet projects don't count in the rule.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have 2 (small) quilting projects on the go plus 6 crochet projects. Not to mention the stash of yarn to start some more. I made the strawberry honey pie at the weekend. It was delicious. Everyone agreed it was an excellent pie. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete